Friday, February 02, 2007

When and Why does a person change his job?

when n why does a person change his job? i was asking this question to myself.. i was actually, was contemplating on changing my present job...

probably a person changes his job, when he is not satisfied/saturated with his present job, a pestering boss, ur colleagues are bunch of cunning people or fools, u work hard but still ur not recognized for ur work or u r not been given importance etc,..

yesterday, i completed 5 Years working for the present company, after 5 yrs of loyalty, commitment & hard work my counter parts in US, don't seem to be really happy...of course some of them are bunch of assholes, they don't even bother to drop a one liner email wish... this made me think, did i shamelessly worked for the same company for 5 long yrs...was this a mistake!!

of course first 3-4 yrs where good after that it was okay, but last 6 months were pretty boring & testing...we had to merge with a new company, there was this management change n all sorts of things where happening...

in these 5 yrs, i got appreciated for my work, won design awards, best performer award & some sports prizes too.. during this time, i dealt with all sorts of people. . . some really good people i fact some of them are now friends, some cunning people, some boss ass lic*ing people, n besides these, i had one of kind boss to deal with...

my overall experience in this present comapany is a mixed experience, i wouldn't say it was smooth journey... but analyzing things happening around me, the question still remains should i or shouldn't i change my job?

4 comments:

Keshi said...

I hardly change jobs...Im a pretty stable employee :)

Whats imp to me is job satisfaction and a great boss n colleagues. I dun much care abt money or status.

Keshi.

deepsat said...

mostly its the boss that drives one to change the job!!

LOL!!

;-))

Keshi said...

I think so :) Im lucky I've never had crappy bosses.

Keshi.

Arun said...

i guess i'm not that lucky, i quit my previous job coz of a sadist superior..

but i had a very good, generous & down to earth boss, he was actually the owner/founder of the company...he was rich yet very simple, he influenced me a lot, he was my mentor, i learnt a great deal things from him, he was one of top designer of this time, he was a NID student.

"Good things in life are always short"